A classic Middle Eastern herb and spice blend including thyme, sumac and sesame seed. Use with chicken or fish, or sprinkle onto pita breads with a drizzle of oil and bake in the oven for a true Mediterranean treat.
Gluten free and vegan friendly.
Some ways to use Zahtar Spice:
- Brush flatbreads with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Zahtar
- Try as a rub for steak
- Drizzle some olive oil on carrots, sprinkle with Zahtar and roast until golden and tender
- Stir into a falafel mix
- Roll some goats cheese in Zahtar – looks and tastes fabulous on a cheeseboard
- For a delicious side, mix with some finely grated parmesan cheese and olive oil, and spoon over ripe tomatoes. Top with toasted pine nuts
- Make some healing Zahtar tea: Steep a tablespoon of water in boiling water and add some honey and lemon
At Feinerman's we think Zahtar is a great pantry staple as it is so versatile. A perfect blend to have on hand during the holiday season or when you have unexpected guests.