At Ceres Organics we like our food wholesome and pure. So our organic polenta is just that! It's made simply from organically grown corn. Just straight up goodness.
Polenta is used in traditional Italian slow cooked dishes. Super versatile, it can be cooked to a creamy thick consistency, or allowed to set then sliced into chips.
TO COOK: Boil 4 cups of water with a pinch of salt. Sprinkle in 1 cup of polenta, while stirring with a wooden spoon. Turn heat to low and cook further for 45-60 minutes, stirring frequently. The polenta is cooked when there are no more gritty bits. Stir in a knob of butter and grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
TO MAKE POLENTA CHIPS:
• 4 cups water (or stock)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup Ceres Organics polenta
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more to coat chips)
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• Ceres Organics Mayo
• Ceres Organics Sriracha Sauce
1. In a medium pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in polenta, garlic, olive oil, oregano, and paprika. Stir frequently cooking for 45-60 minutes until done (no gritty bits left). If you have Quick Cook Polenta this takes about 6-8mins.
2. Transfer the polenta to a shallow tray. Smooth to make the thickness as even as possible. Refrigerate 30 minutes, until set.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Cut polenta into rectangles or wedges about 8cm long. Transfer polenta chips to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Lightly coat with olive oil and bake 7-8 minutes. Flip over and lightly cover with more olive oil and cook another 7-8 minutes. To get them extra crispy, flip them a quarter turn, two more times for an additional two minutes each.
5. Sriracha Mayo: Mix 4 tablespoons of mayo and 1 teaspoon of sriracha together.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot with sriracha mayo!
Made in New Zealand from Imported (Argentina) ingredients
This product meets the requirements under the Crossed Grain Logo for limits of gluten less than 20ppm.
Certified Organic Corn
Serving size 50 g (8 servings per pack)
|Avg per Serving||Avg per 100g|
|Fat, total (g)||0||0|
|– saturated (g)||0||0|
|– sugars (g)||0||0|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||2.3||4.6|
Note: Product and Nutrition Information may change from time to time. Please refer to the actual pack label for the most accurate data.